(SOLVED) NUT 130: Study Questions (Unit 1: Chapter 1) What do Americans eat? Is this a simple answer? Why or why not?
NUT 130: Study Questions (Unit 1: Chapter 1)
Questions: Make sure you are able to answer the following questions before moving to you Exam.
1. What do Americans eat? Is this a simple answer? Why or why not?
2. What was the fastest growing ethnic group in 2007? What about today?
3. What is food?
4. What is the "omnivore's paradox."
5. Does food choice determine self-identify? Why or why not?
6. What are some examples of symbolic use of food?
7. Is there relationship between food/eating behavior/rituals and culture? Explain.
8. Define "comfort foods". Are they all the same for everyone? Why or why not?
9. Define etiquette and manners. Are etiquette and manners universal? Why or why nc examples to defend your answer.
10. Define culture.
11. Define ethnicity.
12. Distinguish among acculturation, enculturation, and assimilation.
13. List the components of the core and complementary foods model.
14. Define what is meant by flavor principles.
15. What are elements of individual food habits/choices? Include clements of food avai edible/inedible in your description.
16. Describe the consumer food choice model. What is it? What are some elements?
17. List the components of the developmental perspective of food culture.
18. Why is it important to be familiar with cultural food habits when making health recommendations?
You may have addressed learning objectives by answering the questic but please double check that you are able to perform the following objectives before movin 1 exam.
1. List the fastest growing ethnic groups in the United States.
2. Define the "omnivore's paradox."
3. State the various symbolic meanings that can be assigned to food.
4. Discuss food choices as cultural identity.
5. Define etiquette and manners.
6. Distinguish among acculturation, enculturation, and assimilation.
7. List the components of the core and complementary foods model.
8. Define what is meant by flavor principles.
9. List the components of the developmental perspective of food culture.
Expert Solution Preview
1. Americans eat a variety of foods, but some common foods in the American diet include processed foods, fast foods, meat, dairy, grains, fruits, and vegetables. This is not a simple answer because there is a great deal of diversity within the American diet, with different regions, cultures, and socioeconomic groups having unique food traditions and preferences......................